Thursday, May 15, 2008

Lending a helping hand

Just before lunch today I was getting ready to take all the food down to the park. At this point I still did not have any volunteer organised to come and help me give out the lunches. As I was walking back inside I was thinking who could I get to come and help? Then I heard a young guy only 17 ask me if I needed a hand with lunch. He came down to help me with lunch; I was able to have a really good conversation with him about what he would like to do with his life. I really enjoyed the time spent with this person and will hopefully have the opportunity to catch up weekly for a chat. I thanked him very much for helping me with lunch; he replied,
"I can tell my mum that today I was able to help the Salvos give out lunch".
It made me think yet again "how great is our God". It amazes me how often we need something and God seems to put someone or something in our path to make things a lot easier or more helpful for the task at hand.
Numbers 6:24-26
May the Lord bless you and keep you: the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you: the Lord turn his face toward you and and give you peace.

No comments: