Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Are the government doing the right thing?

We had an organisation in today employed by the Government (Kevin Rudd). They are in the process of collecting information from all over Australia. This information which is being collected will go into the white paper the Government is doing on Homelessness in Australia.

21 people had the chance to do this survey today and have their say in what they believe homelessness is and what they would like the government to do to eradicate homelessness. I did not have the privilege of sitting in on these sessions, but the response of the two people conducting the survey was very positive.

I think the Salvation Army is in a good place across Australia to have a big impact in eradicating homelessness, and whether you like Kevin or not we need to all be praying that the money Kevin is going to be spending in this area will help people in the grass root services (for example the genesis centre, 614, oasis etc).
I believe in faith that for the first time in my short life here on earth, that the government is finally going to do something about homelessness. We live in hope everyday at Genesis that homelessness will decline as more people become aware of what is going on.
My prayer today comes from
Psalm 121
1I lift my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from?
2My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth.

No comments: